Latest News Updates
School District 220 Budgeting Begins
The School District 220 budget process for the next fiscal year running from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016 has begun. The process will culminate with the adoption of the 2015 property tax levy at the December 15, 2015 Board of Education meeting. The budget drives the tax levy. The tax levy drives the property taxes. Approximately 60-66% of our property taxes support the schools.
If taxpayers wish to have input into how their future tax bills will be impacted by District 220 now is the time to get involved.
The September BETA Newsletter contains two articles:
- School District 220 2015-2016 Budget
Hearing Scheduled for September 15
This article lays out the timetable of the steps and board meetings, where to obtain the budget information and how to participate in public comment at the board meetings.
- Additional Information is Available in the BETA March 2015
This article describes historical revenue and cost information contained in the BETA March 2015 newsletter and where to find the newsletter. The historical information is useful in putting the proposed 2015-2016 Budget in perspective.
2013 and 2014 Tax Objection
The icon at the right is a link to the Tax Rate Objection Authorization for Tax Years 2013 and 2014. It also includes an explanation of that form. The submission process is changed from prior years.
- The form is to be submitted directly to Minard E. Hulse, as prescribed on the form. Minard is the attorney who has handled the objections since the inception of the process.
- All future submissions will be done directly with Minard and you will receive appropriate communications from him.
- As in the past, Minard will continue to distribute any refund checks.
Open the PDF file by clicking on the link and saving the document on your local drive. Or, right-click and "save link as" to save it locally. Then read the explanation, complete and mail the form as described.